View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKeys36 View Post
another AGF member was doing a student build at Kinnaird Guitars in Nacogdoches, TX. I responded to his thread a few times and he DM’d me pointing out that the class wasn’t far from me (I live East of Dallas), and recommended that if I was interested I should reach out to Steve and Ryan. I did so, and about a week later we had dates booked for me to come out and build a guitar.
I think I know that person. Legend has it that the Kinnaird Guitars workshop was never the same after his time there!

Quote:
Before I start, I will say that Steve and Ryan are an absolute pleasure to work with, are more knowledgeable than you can imagine while still having a rare humility about them, and are extremely skilled craftsmen. I am relatively new to smaller luthier builds, but have been around a ton of very nice guitars in the past 20 years and can tell you that if you haven’t played a guitar built by these gentlemen you owe it to yourself to do so. I have now had the honor of playing a half dozen of their creations and it is shocking what they are able to coax out of their impressive tonewood collection.

This student build is a rare combination of you building an acoustic guitar in a week with 50+ years of building experience looking over your shoulder and doing everything they can to make the final product amazing. It is obvious that they take a ton of pride in the quality of anything that leaves their shop but are still making sure that I am the one building the guitar.
I couldn't have said it better myself! I'm so glad that you decided to take the plunge and be the second student builder with Steve and Ryan. Reading through your day 1 recap brought a lot of memories back to my time there-mostly good with a healthy dose of PTSD!

I won't spoil the rest of your story to be told but you have chosen some amazing woods and are off to the races on what will be a great sounding OM!