View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 03:43 PM
Eric Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer tunes View Post
Thanks Eric! Agreed, I need to take a course or self study EQ for acoustic guitar using logic pro. There is so much there and it's easy to get lost and make a mess of things.
Well, you and me both. I'm certainly no expert. But I think for the most part focus on mic position to get your best possible tone baked into the cake. Then maybe one or two minor corrective surgical cuts if you're like me and in a less-than idea space at home. A little high pass maybe around 50 to get ride of foot stomps, passing trucks, stomach growls.. And the maybe a gentle lift if need be in the highs for a little sheen. But overall less is more for sure, and maybe it won't even need anything at all. I also find it very helpful to chose a few reference tracks of tunes the I admire and are similar to what I trying to do. Listen over and over on your monitors and or headphones and get that sound into your spinal column, and maybe go back and forth with it A/B'ing with what you've recorded.. You can drop it into your DAW and try to get it closer to the same volume, even bring up an eq on the reference track to analyze things..Some plugins will even copy the eq curve I think -though I've not tried that myself.