View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed1894 View Post
By the way:::::: I'm I crazy in that I want to put this acoustic up and play electric? I've been playing the Ibanez rg1570 I got for my son and I can get the chords much better .... It sounds better too. Maybe I should have started with the electric. Or maybe playing the acoustic, which is harder, will make me a better electric player ???
One of the best bits of advice I saw for people starting out and wanting to buy a guitar was to buy a guitar that inspires them to want to play.

If you buy something that you think sounds\looks great you'll be 10x more likely to pick it up and practice because you want to. That's the key, you need to get a guitar that makes you want to play.

One thing I don't think you've mentioned was what type of music you want to play. That'll make a difference to suggestions people will give you.

There's certain guitars that are more suited for different styles of music. The Ibanez RG that your son has (I own a Prestige RG) is built for speed and is 'slightly' easier to play fast than some other guitars as well as being suited for heavier rock\metal.

From what you've said I think you should defo get an electric. It's what you want to play. No point keeping your acoustic and have it sitting in a corner gathering dust.