View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Of course.
I’d be curious to know the percentage of those who use a password to unlock their phones vs, those who don’t. I’m betting it’s a pretty significant number who do seeing as how you are encouraged to do so when you set your cellphone up.
Maybe I’ll do a poll.
This segues into another plausibly valid reason to always carry some cash... If electricity/cell coverage is out for any reason, natural or otherwise, then an electronic POS (Point of Sale station - used to be called a cash register) will not work - no matter how desperate I am for what I'm trying to buy. No sense turning a mere inconvenient situation into a full-on emergency, hence the cash. And I carry twenties because a mercenary seller just might not be able/willing to make change for 100.

Speaking of storing everything online (or in the "cloud"), most states that issue concealed firearms permits will require that a holder carry the actual card. Same goes, I believe, for hunting, fishing and crab tags (YMMV). I'd hate to be challenged by LEO that won't/can't accept an interweb-dependent link or picture on a phone.

How/if one carries physical ID and cash is obviously a personal choice. Still a wallet guy here.

Last edited by tinnitus; 02-03-2023 at 12:33 PM.