View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 01:35 PM

Default A couple of choruses of "A Foggy Day"

I played a couple of choruses of "A Foggy Day in London Town" yesterday, notable only in that I did it on my old faithful, my 1946 Epiphone Zephyr archtop that I restrung with extra lights, I think .010 - .046, more than a few months ago. Notable also in that it's the first time I've been able to actually play a fretted guitar in almost 8 months. I had a fall, broke my neck, damaged several nerves that make my left arm and hand work, and I've had what I'm told is similar to severe carpal tunnel nerve damage in my left hand and fingers. It seems that I can now play a bit without significant pain, long enough to play a chorus or two of an old favorite. Index and middle fingers are still completely numb, which is weird feeling on the strings, but the pain has subsided sufficient to task. Small steps start a journey...

Stay safe, just felt like sharing and documenting a minor success... Plus I played an archtop!

Brian