View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDes View Post
Glad to see this thread thriving. I got on Ed's build list a couple months ago, even payed a visit to his shop and played some great-sounding guitars.

Current plan is an L-00 Lutz/Walnut 13 fret, although there's a small chance I'll switch to an OM when the time comes.

I assume this is the Nick Lucas type deeper body ? I have a SCGC and love it and have been thinking about this as my second Halcyon, though I'm leaning toward a Gibson shape jumbo. I really like the deeper base of the NL that's more challenging with an OM. My Halcyon OM has strong thumpy bass, which I like, but next time I'm looking for something a bit more dread like in presence without being boomy, and I think the NL can get a bit boxy sounding even with exquisite builders (my Santa Cruz is the example I'm basing this on). I think it depends on what you are going to play on it —*for more all around play, I think the OM might be more versatile, though I have not played one of Ed's Nick Lucas shape, so would love to hear his comments here.

Can't wait to see/hear what you get!

martin D-28A '37 | D-18 | SCGC H13 | gibson SJ-200
taylor 814ce | 855 | GS Mini H.V. | goodall RP14 | Halcyon SJ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .