View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcap View Post
Larry,

1. I think I might be trying out a Planet Waves NS at some point. Looks good.

2. I am so impressed by how you very patiently write such nice thorough responses (complete with photos) to questions like this that have been asked many many times before on the forum (and that you have replied to before). This sort of helpfulness is what makes this forum so great.

(In contrast, folks on the Flickr photography forums tend to get irate when people ask repeat questions - I have always found those sorts of responses unpleasant and uncalled for).
Hi wcap...
Thanks for the kind things you said. I love to help...and I love to teach. Questions are a part of learning, and hopefully here at AGF we are a community not just a resource.

And when I was new, people directly answering my questions and interacting was what kept me coming back.

I like the Planet Waves NS as a good solid, affordable, durable capo. Don't know if they will last as long as a Shubb (in total years), but I feel they put the control over the tension in the hands of the player every time.

There is just no way to move it up the neck and over tighten a Planet Waves NS to the point it will mar the finish or dent the back of the neck on a guitar.

The same could be said for the G7th, but it's not as good a fit for every guitar out there, and it does require the extra step of reaching over and pinching the ends to seat it every time.

Something people forget is the neck is rounded and the 6th string is 5 times thicker than the first string. So to design a capo which parallels the camber of my neck, and presses all the strings equally is very hard to do (I think it's probably near impossible).

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…