View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 10:44 AM
Charter Member

I get some hiss from VE-8 1/4" out to S1. I live with it because in the venues I play at no one can hear the hiss. I have not tried using the XLR out so maybe I'll try that just to see what that sounds like. I only notice it when playing at home in the quiet.

As for settings, I have to bump up my guitar input to 85 (K&K passive pu) to get a good sound level. For the EQ I generally have to dial the mids way down to around 10 or so and the bass and treble down to around somewhere between 20 and 30. The low cut I have at at 16 (highest setting) and the mid cut and mid Q at the lowest settings (20 and 0.5, respectively).

I have the Acoustic Resonance in the light off position but dialed up around 11 o'clock on the AR knob. Even though in this position (light off) the AR is supposedly off, I have found that dialing it up does change the tone in a more subtle way then with any of the light-on positions. Reverb is off for guitar. I use the plain 'ole Chorus (Ch) dialed up around noon on certain songs.

My guitar and wife's vocal level output is between 10 o'clock and noon depending on the room with the S1 dialed up to the midway detent. Bass and treble on the S1 is down around 25%, reverb off, ToneMatch off. I dial up some reverb for the vocals on the VE-8.

I have minor tweaks to guitar tone based on the two guitars I use and saved to memory positions 01 - 04. I recently lost all my saved memory after hitting the initialize (in) instead of the normal memory save (looks like an upside capital A and lowercase r). While initially horrified at this, I took the opportunity to do a factory reset and start from scratch. I'll report back after trying to use the XLR out instead of the 1/4" out.