View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:09 PM

Thanks again!

There are a variety of recording techniques illustrated here, all of which show that I don't know what I'm doing :-) But as stated earlier, I'd much rather be playing than messing with recording equipment.

On Signe, the light colored guitar was plugged directly into my multi-track recorder. You can see the mic in the bottom left corner, but it was not used on that track. The dark colored guitar *was* mic'd with the LD condensor. The mic was approximately 30-36 inches from the guitar.

On the Led Zep tune, I abandoned the mic because the Martin dread, when combined with that mic was more than my (non-existent) recording skills could handle. So I ran it into a Boss AD-3, with Chorus and Reverb, and then direct into the Multi-tracker. Obviously I got carried away...

On the slack key tune, I am using only the built-in Mic's on the Q3HD, which are 5-6 feet away in order to not cut my head off.

So there is lots of good advice offered from you guys above for me, and I'll read the blogs as well. But a consistent theme is, I need to get the mic much closer to the guitar. And yes, right now, I only have one condenser mic. I do have a couple of dynamic mics, but I never considered using them for recording.

I really appreciate all your comments, and the opportunity to network with you guys here!
GC