View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 12:12 PM

Default A Wolf in sheep’s clothing is in the house!

A few days ago I swung into one of my favorite used guitar shops. I’m checking out the electrics and wandered into the acoustic room. Looking around I immediately notice two Washburn’s on the wall. I briefly had a Tacoma made Washburn that was a wonderful guitar, and through owning that guitar I became aware of the Dana Bourgeois made Washburn’s. Naturally, I have been on the lookout for one, but knowing that they were made in limited numbers, I didn’t think I would find one in the wild. Low and behold, they had two of the Bourgeois made Washburn’s there, the other being the Apache, which had a stunning three piece back, but it had a neck crack that was repaired. I spoke with the manager who I have known for 15 or so years and he didn’t really know much about them other than they just came in on consignment. Anyway, long story short, the Bourgeois Washburn now has a happy new home. I believe I maybe made a suggestion to my girlfriend who was there with me that I would sell a few guitars to bring this one home. I’m sure she will hold me to that.
This one is from 95 with the shop foreman’s initials C.P.T. Stunning Sitka top with attractive EIR. I think it sounds very much like my D-28 though a touch more balanced. I’ll try to get better pictures, but these will suffice for now.

1976 Martin 000-18
1989 Martin 000-16M
2015 Martin 00-DB Jeff Tweedy
2012 Gibson J-45 Custom
2017 Gibson J-35
1971 Alvarez K. Yairi Classical
1970 Lou J Mancuso nylon string hybrid
Harmony Sovereign H1260
30's MayBell Model 6
Nash MW-500
1998 Yamaha LS-10
2003 Tacoma EKK9