Thread: 3 string capos
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royd View Post
hmmm... I've been cutting Kysers since the mid 90's, maybe earlier...
Hi royd...

I suspect the differences you and I expressed have to do with neck profiles. Never saw that k-lever version before. I didn't mean Kysers need the bottom bumper built up, they just have a tendency to tip/pitch forward. Only the Planet Waves are the ones I build up the bottom arm to keep them level.

Kyser capos which are manufactured 'cut' are shaped so they don't tip. I've owned several. I started cutting my own capos and experimenting to custom fit each of my different guitars.

I like the look of the G7th - how do they work out?

Glad to know someone else is as obsessive as me...maybe more!

I have specific Planet Waves tailored to specific guitars. I average the width based on the span at fret 2 and fret 5 and split the difference. I have not used cut capos above the 5th fret. May have to give it a whirl...

I prefer the Planet Waves because of the adjustable tension, and the Dual Action are like an adjustable Kyser built with the handle pointing down.

Have you cut any with gaps? I've not yet.

Am I off-base or do the k-lever versions come pre-cut? I cannot find a k-lever version which is not pre-cut.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

Last edited by ljguitar; 10-01-2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added k-lever question...