View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 05:12 PM

of course, Somogyi's guitar was completely out of this world, but i prefered the Jason Kostal. maybe because it fitted me better. i thought there was something wrong with me to prefer the Jason. i didn't dare saying it until you said it. the tone of both did impress me deeply, although being quite different.

maybe this comments will make Jason's price go higher one more digit automatically XD

who can't love a guitar built by somebody that learned to play guitar with Michael Hedges, by the way? (i absolutely love Michael's music and is one of my main influences)

i did try to play difficult natural harmonics harmonics (you know, first on 12th, then 7th, 5th, 4th...) and could play them way upper the neck than any other guitar i've ever played! Jason funnily asked me if i play harmonics up there usually. i said "yeah!" and he started scratching his head saying:"... i didn't know my guitars had so many harmonics up there!" XD

also, i thought Ervin's guitar could collapse if i breath too hard near it. they are uber-thin. Jason's guitars are built to be played and to endure more than Ervin's

i want to make clear that i don't say that Jason's guitars are better than Ervin's. i just liked it a bit more
Wes Lambe 8-strings
Avalon dread
...and some old fender, basses, violins, harps...