View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
There are some great replies here. I am definitely digging this little guy. I was fumbling around on the first day and developed a little four-finger fingerstyle lick in Am, really more of a banjo roll, that takes advantage of the high G tuning. The lick will fit marvelously into an arrangement I've been working on of an irish folk song and help make the intro quite ethereal.

My son and daughter-in-law came over with my granddaughter and heard me play "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" on the uke and immediately asked, "Do you know the Disney Lava song?" I said, "No." My son pulled it up on his phone and I was able to follow it pretty easily.

So, I'm going to start in high G and experiment with low G when I get a chance, or possibly a tenor uke.

Bob
Sounds like you are already having a blast with your new concert uke. I like your last statement about getting a tenor in the future for low G. I have a number of ukes and all my tenors are low G. Some concerts and sopranos are high G so I can play what ever my mood dictates.

Careful though the little guys seem to multiply quite rapidly.......UAS is a real as GAS..