View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekutree64 View Post
Holy cow, that sounds like something out of an action movie. What a waste of beautiful wood, good tools, and everything. I hope those thieves are stewing in jail, or will be soon.

But I'm glad to hear you're not giving up. Maybe you should name your new guitar "Phoenix"
Bonus points if you give it a red/orange theme. Like a redwood top, and bloodwood, cocobolo, or maybe koa back/sides.

I feel really bad for your buddy though. Is he going to rebuild the shop? If so, you oughtta give him a hand. Nothing beats a friend when dealing with the aftermath of something like that. Plus then you're pretty much guaranteed use of your corner again
Now I'm really loving that Pheonix theme idea. Maybe not for this build but if I get better at building I will give that one a go for sure.

In regards to the shop, not taking into account my equipment, there was about £15000 (about $24000) worth of high value powertools/machines inside and at least £2000 ($3100) of the owners materials for his business.

He is fully insured and will get it all back. His insurance will cover it being rebuilt also, however finding someone who will take the job on just before Christmas is quite hard. I think the guy is going to leave it until February at the earliest and have a two month break.

I guess now I will be learning to build the old fashioned way. An upside is that my wood supplier (who is also the owners for his own wood working project) has offered to thickness my woods for me to within +1mm, saving me a pretty long job. All I need to do is sand it down.

Last edited by Coke_zero; 12-11-2009 at 06:57 PM.