View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 05:17 PM

Post Pre Peavey CA Legacy comments and questions

First time posting. I own a pre Peavey CA Legacy that I purchased in 2004. I also own a Martin D18 I purchased in 1974 and a Martin GPC PA5 that I won in a raffle a few years ago. Of the 3 I prefer the CA Legacy by far. I bought it for the sound and tone and not the clijmate benefits one gets from carbon fiber. I find that I can also slide my left hand up and down the neck far easier than I can with either of the Martin guitars. Those are all big pros for me. The on board Fishman electronics work great. I'm legall blind, so the tuner is not easy for me to see. I bought a Snark tuner, but I actually prefer the old tuning for and using my ear to electronic tuners. Only con is I wich it had a cutaway. It was the only carbon fiber guitar in the shop where I bought it, so I was unaware of other models (GX, OX) at the time.
Questions: What can anyone thell me about the bracing of this guitar? I have felt inside and can surmise it is an X bracing using real wood. The newer Peavey models use carbon fiber bracing, I believe. And are there strings that work better for carbon fiber guitars? I currently have Martin Authentic Lights on the guitar and really like the D'Addario EXP coated phosphor bronze. I did not like Elixer nor Dean Markley as well. I hear good things about Santa Cruz strings. But are there strings that work best on a carbon fiber guitar?

Last edited by Ed Curtis; 06-27-2019 at 10:57 PM.