View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 08:17 AM

[QUOTE=steelvibe;6077400]I don't doubt your guitar is near perfect but you are lucky to have a CF guitar that got you there under your own tenacity. I also love modding my guitars too and every one I've ever owned I've done mods to- some more than others. I also purchased a Zero Glide for my OF660 but haven't installed it yet. However, I did change from D'addario EXP 80/20 lights (after about 2 months) and put on a set of Martin Authentic Lifespan Treated lights..... and man these are making me work! AND this is after tuning the guitar to CGCGCE (working on Bruce Cockburn's "Foxglove"). How can a guitar tuned down 2 full steps on some strings, with light strings,

I have lifespan on three guitars. I will pay more attention today when I put on Elixir on Journey ( Gotoh ages gold SGS510Z S5 arriving today.) I did notice it gets grabby if I sweat a little.

Speaking of QC for my guitars without any regard for the price, Here is my observation:

Marin GPC28E 2017
Yamaha FG from 80's
Emerald X7Coco 2018
Journey OF660 2018

Would I buy another Emerald? Yes, I would because I like the tone and the ergonomics enough to overlook issues that I could either live with or get 'em fixed.