View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 01:46 AM

I appreciate your feedback Shawn. While I can't be certain the QC issues you are finding with your X20 would deter me from ever purchasing an Emerald- it certainly isn't helping either. Since Emerald is direct only this forum has got to have an impact on sales for them (in a good way). I don't doubt that a few get through the cracks but I also don't doubt the high praise of many happy owners who know a thing or two....or own like 3... Or 5.....or 8.

CF guitars are expensive and people need to get honest feedback. I've heard of problems from most

-CA guitars with neck issues
-RainSongs with aesthetic issues (personal experience)
-Emeralds with fit and final inspection issues, tonal duds
-a Blackbird with deformation/ delamination
-Journey guitars with finish issues (personal experience)
-McPherson with....wait. Maybe a company that has yet to have anything negative reported? Oh yeah, the PRICE TAG
-Leviora?

I think making a perfect CF guitar is hard. You have a very resilient material giving the maker the ability to make something of precision. The last thing you need is to start one over. This isn't wood where you can heat the joints and remove/repair stuff. CF is more like make 1 and done, much less forgiving. But these things like bridge pin holes, misshapen saddle slots, and poorly cut nuts?