View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 09:03 AM

Depends on what you want. My Lucky13 sounds a bit like a great but jangly blues box. My X20 is a strummer and great for finger picking way up the neck too. The sustain of either is about the same as the sustain of a Rainsong, but neither is quite as crystalline as the Rainsongs I messed with. I haven't touched a McPherson. I was sorely tempted by a few CA. Those are awesome, but the X20 won out. I have either gotten rid of my wood guitars or put them in storage. The X20 is my primary mover and shaker these days. By the way, it sounds like a great guitar. Probably somewhere in the Taylor line up if I had to come up with a wood comparison.

With me or anyone else you have to worry about cognitive dissonance. Since I own the X20 and Lucky13, they are the best versions of carbon fiber in my opinion. My opinion may be objectively wrong, but subjectively it helps me sleep better at night. The reality that is of most concern to some though is likely the intersubjective because it keeps the re-sale price higher. Subjective and objective is where I try to stay, but there's something to be said for the fictions of intersubjectivity. How else could I spend any money or communicate with friends and strangers? I always try to throw a little science into my conversations and observations. Sometimes more like here, but often much less. Most people don't bother to read them or more likely have the fortitude to give more than a quick intuitive once over, but perhaps the extra tidbits will make a difference to someone.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?