Thread: Kraut OM BRW
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcap View Post
Your playing and arrangements are just wonderful. And the recording quality is terrific too.

And this sounds like a simply fabulous guitar. Very versatile. As you said in a different thread, it seems to have many of the best qualities of a number of different guitars. In this last clip it is doing a wonderful job of sounding almost like a classical guitar.

I have not played a Kraut in person, but given what I'm hearing here I could almost see selling my Goodall and Martin and replacing both with one of these!

Your flatpicking clip is wonderful too - really really nice. Though I primarily play fingerstyle and some classical, I've been flatpicking a lot more lately, and I think I'm enjoying my Goodall almost more as a flatpicking guitar than for fingerstyle. Actually, I'm thinking a lot of guitars (including, or maybe especially, some of the really fine fingerstyle guitars) probably sound fabulous with a flatpick, especially when played with some finesse.

But back to your playing: You certainly play wonderfully - it is humbling to listen to your music! Do you play professionally (and have you been producing CD's and such for sale?)?
Thanks for your kind words!

I heard you play and I think a fine player like you would definitely enjoy (and benefit from) a guitar like this one.

While my guitars all have a great setup, I discovered a new world when I played barre chords up the neck on the Kraut. I didn't know an acoustic guitar could sound that clear and punchy up there.

As for playing professionally, I understood from a very young age that I would eventually be responsible for my parents' well being (they will soon retire with next to no pension plan). While my folks were always very supportive of my music education, I ultimately chose to go to business school.

Now that my business career is set, I am contemplating a second career in music -- but I have a lot of catching up to do. If I practice 5-6 hours a day for a couple of years straight, I'd be in decent shape to perform.