View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 09:45 AM

Default Followup

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
You need to compensate the saddle more. Lengthen the B string.
John, I'm thinking this is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbler View Post
Those numbers look odd to me. I'd probably try a new b string before I went further.
I can't believe I didn't think of changing the string before making my post. But I did re-string, and I have the same issue, so that's not it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
The b string should be about 1.5 mm longer that the g string, and about .5 mm longer than the e string. IMO, of course, but my tuner agrees.
Bruce, I have trouble with very fine measurements. The B string is longer than both the E and G, but I can't be sure it's 1.5mm longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post

just a thought.
Andy, I like your method and have watched this video before. Did not mitigate my problem, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
check the string height at the nut on the B string. If it is too high, then having to deflect the string so much to get it to fret is causing it to play sharp. You can also re-work the nut to make it compensated just like the saddle is. It takes a little work, but worth it in the end.
Tom, I checked the nut slot and it is not high. So I will take the guitar to someone experienced (that's not me!) to get the compensation checked.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts.