Thread: Amps again?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 04:49 PM

I'm not sure if you are looking into all tube or SS but my Vox Vavletronix AD120 just keeps on amazing me with how real the amp models sound. I can get some really nice sounds with my acoustic guitar especially with the Dumble boutique amp, black-face twin and the 2 tween models. My PRS and Strat sing through these and really excell with the high gain models.

I tried the Cybertwin and all of the Line 6 stuff but there was just no comparison in the sound and feel of the Vox. The Line 6 Vetta is pretty good but really expensive and I'd still take the Vox even if the price were the same. I looked long and hard at the Cybertwin because the guitar player in my wife's band had one and he's 10x the player I am. Stixx is right- the Fender amp models sound great in that thing but I don't think the high gain models are very realistic. It was actually my wife's guitar player who pushed me into the Vox when I took him to try it out. He got bitten hard by the Vox bug as well. The Vox, Marshall, Boogie, Dumble and Fender models sound amazingly real.

That being said, I can't wait for my Ultrasound Amps to ship because no electric guitar amp can compare to them so they'll more than cover my acoustic needs.

<>< Red ><>

814ce
USA Custom Strat (MY BABY! thanks Tommy)
PRS Singlecut (10-top with Paua birds)
Vox AD120
Ultrasound 50-DS?
Female Golden Retriever-Zoe
Male Golden Retriever-Rusty (aka Bad Bad Rusty Brown)