View Single Post
Old 05-13-2023, 04:57 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Salz Guitars - Continuation in model expansion a 000 12 fret - Video demos update!

The people following me on Instagram might know, that recently I've made a poll. The poll was about wood choices for my newest model build. I've picked three pairings of tops with B/S. Redwood w Fenland black oak, Swiss moon spruce w Indian rosewood and Sitka spruce w European walnut.

It was a tight win for Redwood w Fenland black oak. followed by Moon spruce w EIR.

So I've made the most reasonable decision and started building two guitars at once. As a starting step I really like to prepare my neck blanks. I've had a piece of swietenia mahagony that has been waiting for his moment for quite some time.

I've managed to get four necks out of this blank. The offcuts were used to create two neck blocks.

Continuing with new design decisions the new standard rosette has been born. Moon crescent recycled paper with coffee grounds, bound in brass.

Some build techniques stay, because the results just speak for themselves. Such techniques as structured sides and live back

This model is supossed to be the small sized huge sound beast. So...falcate bracing it is.

This is in progress photo. There is still missing the transverse brace and carbon fibre topping on the braces.

Here is the completed inside right before gluing the back on. The keen-eyed amongst you might have noticed that I'm using a spanish heel style neck block. But the whole neck is going to be fully bolt-on bolt-off, another technique that has an incredible results for me and I'm sticking to it.

First look at the closed box, the vision is really taking shape now.

Oh yeah, there are two guitars, remember?

Last edited by Salz Guitars; 08-23-2023 at 02:05 AM.