View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 04:56 PM

Default Chasson Jumbo and Concert for TAMCO

I'm working on 2 more for The Acoustic Music Company.

The first is a full 17" wide Sitka/Maple jumbo. I don't get to build too many of these so I was happy that Trevor wanted one. I sent him photos of 2 of the sets of Maple I have and he chose my favorite of the two. It is not the traditional straight even flame but a bit more organic. There is amazing depth to the figure which of course will show up even more under finish.

He's also getting the first of my re-designed Concert Models. I offered a Concert many years ago but after several design tweaks, it grew to Auditorium size. The new one is back to 15" at the lower bout and pretty excited to get one strung up. I love that size.

I was finishing a Parlor at the same time I was gluing linings on the Jumbo. Gives you an idea of the size range!

We decided on a high contrast theme with all ebony trim and Black/White purfling lines.

The back was probably just barely wide enough but I decided to go ahead and add the wedged back stripe. I've always liked that look and the extra width gave me some leeway.

I then decided to reverse the typical direction of the end graft taper to mirror the back stripe.

I'll get some photos of the Concert up soon. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Kent Chasson; 04-13-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: editing