View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJScott View Post
...I’m going to forge ahead on the Ovation for a while and if I make decent progress then I’ll revisit the archtop issue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
Whoa, OP, pounce on this.
Once in a while an opportunity comes along that you're not likely to see again in your lifetime (I still regret not jumping on the dead-mint one-owner '43 Epiphone Emperor - with a never-opened original package of spare strings in the case pocket - that sold within 48 hours of its arrival at MandoBros about 30 years ago)...

If I hadn't recently shelled out a not-inconsequential sum for my wife's new Guild Starfire 12-string, with requisite accessories - and will be investing in some needed supplemental stage equipment within the next few weeks (speaker cabs, a mid-powered combo amp for the aforementioned Guild, maybe a mid-powered tube head) - you'd be reading my Eastman AR605 NGD right now...

Jeff's right as usual when it comes to matters of this type: if there's any possible way you can scrounge up the bucks for this little 16" sweetie, do it before someone else does - sometimes a new instrument is exactly what you need to jumpstart your progress...