View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

Default SOLD! 2002 Taylor 814ce Ltd - cocobolo/spruce - BONUS TRONICAL TUNER ADDED

Over the years, I've become more of a short-scale cedar guy and this guitar just doesn't get the playing time it used to. That said, this is a really beautiful guitar with great low action. The guitar is in very good condition with the exception of one tiny ding on the lower bout of the top from a TRS plug (picture below). It's probably an easy repair but it never really bothered me enough to do anything about it. I'm the original owner of this guitar and I'm a bit obsessive about humidity (I run two whole house units so if one goes bad I'm still able to humidify my guitars), so this guitar isn't going to have any issues that come with a guitar drying out. Also, I'm not a smoker so there will be no cigarette odor wafting from the case when you open it.

2002 Taylor 814ce Ltd.

Top: Sitka Spruce
B/S: Three-piece Cocobolo
Neck: Mahogany
Fretboard: Ebony w/ mop inlays
Binding: Curly Koa
Rosette: Abalone
Gold Grover tuners
Pickup: LR Baggs IBeam
25.5" scale length
1-3/4" nut width

Asking $2500 + shipping and I'll eat the Paypal fees.
Now $2200 + shipping and I'll still eat the Paypal fees.
$1999 Thanksgiving price reduction!
New price: $1950
New price: $1850

BONUS: I'm also including in this deal a Tronical Tuner which will allow you to automatically tune the guitar to the open tuning of your choice. When I purchased it some years ago, the tuner cost $249.

2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube

Last edited by jim1960; 05-25-2020 at 08:17 PM.