View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 09:31 AM

[QUOTE=dgt178;6074897]
Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post

....apparently, you don't understand my question.....he states there's a difference between bleached and unbleached, but doesn't explain what the difference is between the two, in terms of which he prefers and why.....no sarcasm needed....
I have ordered both bleached an unbleached bone saddles for my 814ceDLX (replacing the micarta). I don't know that I can explain the difference. The unbleached was an improvement over micarta and I felt the unbleached was a trifle more articulate than the bleached. When I went from micarta to bleached bone my reaction was "whoa" (in both Taylors). When I went to the unbleached in my 814 the nuance was there, but much more subtle. At $15 each at macnichol.com it wasn't a financial strain to try both. The bleached bone is in my 614ce and was relatively transformative.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS