View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Rubin View Post
I appreciate your feed back. I agree, handmade custom guitars should go for 3 or 4 times what they are actually able to go for, but it seems to me the market really doesn’t support that.

My goal with this was to make something that I could offer at a lower price than what I’m asking for for commissions and open up more opportunities to get my instruments out there. I was a professional musician for almost 20 years. I know lots and lots of players and know that once you start getting over $2500 they can’t think about it. So in discussing the PL1 with my “focus group” I decided to try and make these for the prices I’ve listed above. I imagine in a little while I’ll raise the price about $200 but wouldn’t want to more than that. I’m hoping the PL1s help sell the customs and that the customs help sell the PL1s.

Other than the hardware, case, and Kerf lining (I get those from Ryan) I’m making everything by hand. Because these are a set design I can make parts and pieces in groups, that cuts down on time. The aesthetic and construction decisions have already been made and that cuts down on time. I’m building these in groups of 4 and that cuts down on time as well. I buy the material and cases in bulk so that cuts down on the costs. Still, I’m not making as much as I’d like but I am making guitars and getting them into hands that appreciate them.
Then we form a union!!!! ....No really it's just a great deal, I'm sure you know just what your doing....great case, cool guitar