View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelhunn View Post
Can anyone recommend a good tutorial for playing worship guitar? I have been playing for about 5 years and play almost exclusively modern fingerstyle, so my rhythm skills are pretty weak. Most of the books I see online seem more about basic chord shapes rather than learning new techniques.
Hi joelhunn

Paul Baloche has tons of worship resources for styling, playing, etc. In fact there is an entire video course for worship teams with a unique section for guitarists (both acoustic and electric). On YouTube look up "Paul Baloche Guitar Workshop". Several DOZEN videos specific to guitars.

He has tons of other guitar resources as well…I suggest you google the phrase "paul baloche worship resources" and you'll encounter those.

He is an acoustic worship guitarist and writer. I used his resources to push my acoustic players another notch or two down the tracks over the years. And his electric player in his band is who did the electric guitar training. A lot of what we bought 10 years ago is now free on YouTube.

Good stuff and specific to worship…

In addition on YouTube there are tons of resources. Worship Tutorial's YouTube channel includes (but is not limited to) guitar tutorials.

I think live video is always superior to what is in books when it comes to 'learning' styles and rhythm etc. When I'm in the middle of the stage in the middle of a worship set, and the solo is 16 bars away…I'm not thinking about any books I've read…

Have fun on your journey!

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…