View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Wow, that is really stunning.
thanks again, Tom! I'm hoping Joel will chime in soon to share some of his thoughts and inspiration behind this build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaultierRedon14 View Post
I personally find that some attempts at these mosaic rosettes end up missing the mark, but Joel's work here is outstanding in my opinion--it's hard to articulate, but the combination of scale, angles, and varied colors just WORKS! Beautiful!
Thanks, GR, I am in agreement with you..."some miss the mark" for sure. I'm exceptionally pleased with this effort. I'm even more excited with anticipation of how the rosette will, both, enhance the rest of the aesthetic embellishments and be highlighted itself even more because of those other embellishments. I believe this is really going to come together exceeding my expectations by far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Killer rosette!
Thank you, Nemoman, and I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Nice build Jeff! Really shaping up. Love the mosaic rosette!
Thanks, CF, I really agree and appreciate you weighing in here! Thanks for the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Wow, this is looking awesome! As others have said, the maple figuring is amazing, and all the beautiful contrasts...this is really stunning!
Hi Mike, thanks for looking in on the build thread. I appreciate the comments and agree, I'm floored with the crazy quality of this maple! I'm really excited about the possibilities for great tone that Joel is going to pull out of this wood combination. He's working now on voicing the top. More good stuff to come
Edwinson EPS "iCrucified" [2011]
Edwinson Consort "Spirit" [2016]
THGCo. 000-Concert "Chi Rho" [2019]
Taylor 514e FLTD [2013]
Taylor 714e [2016]
Martin OM-21 Ambertone [2017]