View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

I have never found any system that disperses the sound throughout a venue like my Bose L1 Model II... yes, its pricey, but I only cried when I bought it, and have loved it everytime since then.

I've heard a lot of very nice systems and amps (I own an AER Compact 60, which is wonderful), but I've not found anything close to the Bose rig. I like the "Fishsticks" okay, but they don't move the noise around like the Bose, not even close.

For what I do: primarily, 6 and 12 string acoustic guitars and voice, the Bose Model II is hands down the best thing I have played through in over 50 years of performing live; not just for the dispersion, but the "no monitor positioning" is a Godsend...

I use a T1 mixer and have ONE cord going from the Bose rig to it(sends signal and power for the T1), using only short cables from there to my mic stand... requires only one AC outlet for the whole thing! Very sanitary set-up. NEVER have I had any sort of vocal feedback, even leaving the mic channel "live" when I take breaks - I have had a few issues from that pesky 400 hz "bump" with my acoustic guitars, but easily fixed.
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman