View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a nice solid state practice amp that doesn't have a bunch of bells, whistles, and buttons? I've done the Katana and Positive Grid Spark thing. While they are cool, it's just too much for me and ends up distracting me from playing music. Back in the day there were plenty of regular old amps that had a built-in reverb and that's about it. I don't want anything with a computer screen on it, "bank" buttons for storing settings. All that stuff is lost on me.

I'm thinking of getting a Fender Champ and being done with it. Even the Fender Mustang has so many options the average person would never exhaust them all.

The Aviator Cub from Quilter looks pretty great, but it's also pretty expensive for just an at-home jamming amp. I mainly play with headphones at low volumes, so a tube amp would be wasted on me. I'd never crank it up enough to let it to its thing.
Roland Cube Street or it's larger sibling, the cube EX. Some folks complain about the price, but you do get what you pay for.