View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 08:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
I remember when you got those various amps, SpruceTop! I'm sure sorry about the Fender '57 Custom Deluxe Handwired amp failing so quickly.

What amp are you using today? Is the Bassman your main amp now?

- Glenn
Thanks, Glenn! Frankly, I don't play my Gretsch or use my Fender amps much as I'm mainly an acoustic guitar player. I especially like using the Bassman with the Strymon El Capistan dTape Echo Pedal as the whole rig sounds very Sun Records-like with the slapback echo effect dialed in. I've always dabbled in electric guitars and amps over the years. I've had several Les Pauls including a Deluxe, some Standards, and a Custom, several Fender Strats, and Teles. My amps have included a Fender Pro Reverb, Peavey Classic 50, Peavey Delta Blues 15, and a Music Man 212-65. Over the years, all of those items have been traded in on acoustic guitars and gear. My electric stuff is always the first to go when I get a hankering for another acoustic.

My latest craze over the last 5 years is open-back/clawhammer banjos and I just received my Ozark Custom 12-inch Figured Cherry that I waited over 4 years to get after ordering it in 2018. The 5-string banjo was the first instrument I started playing when I was 14.

At 72 years of age, I'm pretty much set on keeping my current Gretsch G5420TG-59 electric guitar and Fender amps ('57 Champ Handwired, '59 Bassman LTD, '65 Deluxe Reverb). I may once again add a Fender Strat or Tele because what's any stable of electric guitars without a Fender electric?
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-05
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R Tommy Emmanuel/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Ovation Elite Plus
Yamaha FGX5
Avian Skylark 2A
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 09-23-2022 at 08:37 AM.