View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 12:15 PM

I guess I don't really know what makes one a "major" artist. The amount of money they make at their art? The way people like to hear them play? I'm sure some of the "major" players might have a CF tucked away for times they want to use one. I'm too new to stringed instruments to appreciate some of the names and numbers of various wooden guitars. I picked up a guitar about a year ago and started lessons. Neither of my guitars even have a name on the outside of the guitar. (Wouldn't mean anything if it did.) I choose only by sound. One is a used tiny teres style (classical, nylon string kind) one of a kind. I've got short arms, short hands, etc. so it fits me and sounds nice and mellow. For clarity of notes, etc. I play a Blackbird Nylon Rider. For that one, I need to use a Child's Ergo-Play knee support but it's worth the effort. I guess what I'm trying to say, I think at some point folks will want the sound they are looking for from a guitar rather than the material, look and name.

Of course if someone was paying me big bucks to use their brand I'd probably quickly find it was my favorite.