View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 10:33 PM

Interesting thread. I am new to the carbon guitar world. Or my newest guitar is carbon.... and carbon guitars are kind of new. Wooden guitars are old and the technique of building wooden guitars is old and involves varying degrees of modernization. Wooden guitars age and improve sonically with age... that's what we have been told. the more they are played the more they open up. Carbon guitars will be what they are forever ? How do we know that ? They are still babies. Young musicians ,the last I heard , don't start out well compensated for their efforts. So used is usually a good place to start. If you're a Clapton fan...Martin, Sheryl... well a Gibson... Swifty....a Taylor. Musicians if anything are traditional radicals. Music itself is tradition is it not. Look at all the reliced guitars . the vintage look. I got a bunch of old doors my boys have put their elbows through and the dog chewed up. I am all geared up to make some Willie replicas. That guitar killed more weed than roundup.

I love my wooden guitars .... I love my carbon guitar. I like playing different guitars. I prefer one guitar more depending on how my fingers decide. I couldn't play a carbon guitar before buying. No dealer anywhere near me. Talked to Ted and Michael. Read what the Captain has said as well . When I play it friends go " what is that ? " . Including young players. Rainsong who makes Rainsong....never heard of em.

Carbon guitars are babies and they need to grow up and have babies of their own. Then these babies will be stronger and wiser. If you get my drift...there is a growing community appreciating this carbon change. If its popularity is to accelerate it will come from new young players . Keith Richards is not going to play a Rainsong in performance any time soon. Won't be a Taylor either. A lot of tradition ... we cling to the past to protect us from the future. Does not all music draw from the past ?