View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamtaylor999 View Post
Yes the guitar was done with gorilla wood glue at worst case scenario. Taylor gave me an estimate of about 80 for reglue bridge and 95 for maintenance and adjustments necessary.

I just Hope they could make the reglue like new because it would really bother me if I could tell if it was reglued.

I play mainly old guitars so a re-glued bridge doesn't bother me in the slightest. Bridges can come up on even the best guitars under the best circumstances. In most cases, you can tell if a bridge has been off of a guitar. You may have to look close but you can tell. In a case like yours, if it's coming off and being re-glued for the second time, I would be surprised if you wouldn't see at least a small trace of the work. Gorilla glue expands and is not typically used on guitars so that makes me question the skill level of the person who originally re-attached it.

I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't be at all surprised if you can tell if it's been reglued and if it's something that is going to bother you, you may want to think about a different guitar.