View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 07:30 PM

Everything depends... but given your post I suspect the best way to go would be some powered speakers for tops, 10s or 12s, I don't like 15s personally. Plus I would look at a small sub, which also plays to the 15 size, against.

Powered because they are more 'idiot' proof which is not a slur on you at all. They're more plug n play than the old power amp plus speakers where you need to be more careful with matching things up. But.... this can work very well and maybe cheaper if you're careful. Especially secondhand. Then say a lot of the first gen K series may be around now as people upgrade.

Mixer, I'm more an analogue guy so I go Soundcraft or A & H, Yamaha or possibly Presonus, but they can be exxy. If you fancy the digital route by all means look at some, lots of threads here discussing them. How many mic inputs.. always go more than you think.

What?? Hmm, how many and price is the question here. Tops alone? Two? Foldback? How much punch do you need?

Just going basic I'd say look at Yamaha DBR 10s and the little DXS Sub. There's equivalents form several Co's that are pretty good though price is likely higher. The upper level DXR series speakers, QSC, RCF, EV. Price and availability.. and your ears will play here, they're all fine bits of gear.

Happy hunting

Kris