View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Family vacations/ travel for me usually involves severe weather conditions and drastic weather changes. Finding a carbon fiber option seemed reasonable to me. I started with. Journey OF660 and it has worked wonderfully for what I needed. Now that I have been playing 90% nylon I’ve been thinking in terms of finding a wider nut, nylon guitar that works well as a traveler. Journey makes some nice classical travel guitar but, for me, (since they are wooden instruments)they are too expensive to risk traveling with to the extreme climate destinations. It sounds like you’ve found a good option. If your 97$ guitar implodes, so what. No gnashing of teeth required. I was considering a Córdoba mini for this reason as well. I’ll be curious to hear how this works out for you.
The carbon options for wider nut nylon traveler seem to be a Blackbird( no longer made but sometimes appear on used market) and the Emerald x7. Maybe Journey will eventually make a carbon model.

During my research I was lucky enough to pick up a used X7 nylon at a great price. It’s nut ,at 1&7/8 ,is not as wide as I would like, but at <40% the cost of ordering one new I’m not complaining.
Best,
Tom