View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 12:02 PM

Well, I've spent the last two weeks doing lots of research, but unfortunately due to the dearth of shops carrying classical guitars near where I live, I haven't had much to try out other than at Guitar Center, where the strings on their guitars are old and the stores are too noisy to really be able to compare products.

Two guitars that I'm particularly interested in is the Cordoba C9 Crossover, which has a 650mm scale length and a 48mm nut width, and the Kenny Hill Estudio, with a 640mm scale length and 50mm nut width. Neither have a cutaway and neither have electronics, both of which are fine with me.

I'm not sure musically if I will commit to learning classical repertoire or whether I will use it to play folk fingerpicking and some worship music with my Temple band. I measured my thumb to pinky distance, comes up at 8 1/4" if that matters.

I know it's best is to try them both out, but the Cordoba is a 5 1/2 hour round trip from the Boston suburbs where I live to Guilford, CT to play one, and the Kenny Hill would be a 3 1/2 hour round trip to Amherst, MA. I plan on driving to try out one of them this Saturday, but was hoping for any recommendation between the two before I figure out which localation and guitar to drive to. Suggestions?