View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigToeify View Post
Does anyone know what making a neck a bolt-on is all about when it comes to a reset? Is that just like an electric bolt on. Would there be visible screws? That is a weird concept for an acoustic.

The necks on these old Yamaha's are NOT that hard for a competent luthier to get off. It takes a bit of careful work but it is not impossible to do. They get old Guild necks off, and those were heavily glued into the dovetail joint...a real pain in the hind end. If luthiers can get Guild necks off, they can certainly get your Yamaha's neck off. You don't need to go the "cut off re-build to bolt on" route.

As far as spending the money to do ALL the "proper" work...As much as this guitar means to you, has meant to you through the years...if it were me...I would do it in a heartbeat with nary a second thought to the cost.

You can not put a price on the connection you and this guitar have had, and will continue to have. There are folks on this forum whom have spent many many tens of thousands of dollars...literally even hundreds of thousands of dollars, yes I DO mean over $100K, and I know one very such person, a best friend of mine...buying nothing but the "Best of the Best" guitars...many many BOTB guitars...trying to find what you have. And search they are still...

You know in your heart what the right answer is here...

You don't need our approval...you need your best "friend" put back to good health...

make it so number one...

duff
Be A Player...Not A Polisher

Last edited by mcduffnw; 06-07-2019 at 07:15 AM. Reason: add content