View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneuphtoner View Post
Such a wonderful review and comparison - I think you are indeed the first I’ve seen to provide a comparison about whether the wood infusion (I think these are more than veneers) affects the tone. I think the answer is clearly YES. I definitely heard more warmth with the Nashville.

Oh and of course it looks awesome (fellow Nashville owner I’ve got the jumbo). Yours is beautiful- congrats and enjoy!
Thanks. Comparing the two directly was a big part of why I got the Nashville. At some point I'll part with one or the other. Right now leaning on keeping the Nashville but at least part of that is new-guitar-syndrome. I practiced with it all day yesterday and today both acoustically and amplified. Sounds great. I'm also really loving the burst finish which is far prettier in person.

I don't know what it is about digital photography that makes burst finishes look awful. It seems to really the red tones more pronounced in the transition area from dark to light but in person it's not nearly as red, more brown and much more pleasing to the eye. I thought I'd mention that for those that are considering the burst finish but apprehensive based on the online photos.