View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Hey Bobby;

Like you, I was "less than impressed" with my first outing with Cleartone strings... interesting that they now please you... maybe they changed something in the formula?

I have tried the EQ strings; when they first offered them, my local store (Bullfrog Music) put a set on one of their Breedlove Premiere acoustics (sitka/EI rosewood) - and my sister actually ended up buying that guitar!

I played those EQ's on that guitar for a few months before she bought it, and, while I was leery of the "different strings for different registers" concept, I really liked them a lot. After my sister bought the guitar, I played it several times more when I would go visit her, and they hung in there for a long time, still sounding good. To the point that it had been well over a year, and I asked my sis how the guitar was sounding; she said it was getting a little dull sounding; then I asked if she'd changed those strings... and she had not!

Next time I saw her, I changed them for her, but used a set of Eilixr phophor bronze Nanowebs - of course, the new strings sounded MUCH better than those old Cleartones that had been on the guitar for well over a year!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman