View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 06:53 PM
Charter Member

Default Archeology and ghosts

My youngest sister lives in Mobile, Al. She purchased an older home in the midtown district. She was familiar with the history of the home- it had been built by a lumber baron for his daughter which explained the uncommonly beautiful flooring. The daughter had past away and her younger brother, Bernard,ultimately lived their until he passed- supposedly in the home.
She told me she would have odd things happen that she would attribute to Bernards presence. She would call out, “Bernard, cut it out!” And similar such things periodically. She was never scared of Bernard but was regularly unnerved.
One Friday afternoon she was waiting on a side neighbor’s porch for the cable company to show up ( during the four hour window) and set up her cable tv. Apparently she was in the bathroom when the cable crew pulled in. The work truck pulled all the way up her drive so that she also didn’t see the truck in her drive.

The workers approached her front door and rang the bell. According to the cable men, her dogs jumped up on the back of the sofa that sat in-front of the front window and started barking.

They then heard a man’s voice shout, “Get down from there!”
They said, “Sir we are here to install your cable.” They got no response so re-rang the bell. The dogs again mounted the couch and began barking and,again, a man told them to get down and they did.
They reportedly said, “Sir, we have an appointment install your cable” but got no response.
So they got in their truck and we’re backing out when my sister saw them and scurried over to catch them leaving.
She said “Oh I’m so glad I didn’t miss you!”
They said,” Your husband wouldn’t let us in.”
“I don’t have a husband”, she replied.
“Well, the man in your house wouldn’t let us in.”
“There isn’t supposed to be a man in my house!”she squealed.
Flustered, she,her neighbor and the workmen entered her house, walked through out and found it empty. The workers were incredulous but agreed to set up here cable and then promptly left.

My sister had the local parish priest come and anoint their house. She stopped having issues there after but ultimately no longer wanted to live there. She sold the house and lives a few doors down.