View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith.rogers View Post
I am not upgrading to Catalina because of my old (2010 MBP, 2012 Mini) systems. Well, my MBP won't even go to Mojave, so not a problem. I just ignore the little red dot on my System Preferences icon on the Mini because I'm using an old Focusrite Saffire Pro (Firewire), and already on thin ice.

I don't think anyone should rush to Catalina that's using their system for audio. Too many issues and no upside is what I get. I know this doesn't help OP, but maybe there's a way to put Mojave back on that system?
I likely will not be going to Catalina on my studio Mac Pro because so far it is unknown if a mid 2010 mac pro will actually work. While it is a generally accepted rule of thumb that if your machine can run Mojave then it can run Catalina , however the Apple list for Mac Pro states "Late 2013 or newer"
But as you say in the audio world there are still a number of apps and plugins that are not yet upgraded for Catalina. I will likely stay where I am on 10.14 .3

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1