View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 09:32 PM
Guitar Gourmet

I spent all day until 5pm wrapping gifts. Then we loaded up all that and motored on over to son #1's home for Christmas Eve. We had the traditional Chinese food take-out in honor of the Christmas Story movie and then it was time to open gifts with them. Our granddaughter (16) got her first car. That was pretty exciting! Tomorrow they will be going to the in-laws.

Right now my lovely wife is baking the bread called "Pascha" for tomorrow morning. She got a little behind so she's going to be wrapping gifts while the bread is rising. Pascha is actually a Ukrainian Easter bread, a light, braided bread with raisins that has become our Christmas tradition. We toast it and have mugs of steaming coffee as we open gifts. That will be just my wife and myself.

Tomorrow evening we go to Son #2's and his wife's place where he will be cooking up a nice Christmas dinner.

Tonight I'm winding down between our two sleeping dogs and checking in on the forums. I'm available if my wife needs me. Nice, quiet stuff. At midday today the mail lady brought a package from Salisbury, England. It was a fun one! One of my favorite bands played Royal Albert Hall last year and has finally put out a DVD and a BluRay of the concert. They asked for crowd funding and I decided to go in on it. The little benefit was your name was printed in the enclosed book and your copy was signed by the guitarist/band leader. That's kind of cool! I'll listen to it some right this week.

Merry Christmas!!!

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)