Thread: Pre amps
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 07:24 AM

Think through the feature set that are most important to you and go with the one that checks all of the boxes. I am waiting for my perfect one to be made. I have started talking with the Sunnaudio guys to make one with this feature set:

Powered by 9 volt battery or phantom power
Mute switch
Boost button
Phase switch
Treble, bass and adjustable mid (the Sunnaudio gear has well chosen frequency points)
Adjustable notch filter
High pass filter
Some other features on units available are:
Send/return for effects
Built in tuner
Built in effects like reverb, chorus, compression.
Powered by AC or wall transformer.

There are so many good ones made. LR Baggs, Fishman, Radial Tonebone, Mesa Boogie Rosette, Tech 21 fly rig, T Rex Acoustic Soulmate, Grace Alix or Bix, and a few others I have owned but aren’t thinking of at the moment. They are not all the same but they will all only do the job you want if you get the one with the tools you really need and learn how to use it correctly. It will be hard for anyone to advise you on which one to get without knowing what you want.

I like Sunnaudio because of its pristine tonal character and I know they don’t skimp on parts like others do to keep their price down. It’s not cheap. As I said before, I want to ask them to build me my perfect unit with only the features I want. I could also recommend any of the preamps made by various companies I mentioned above for different reasons.

Good luck.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful