View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 08:37 AM

I would also recommend plugging in, assuming you have a decent DI for it.

However, if you don't want to plug it in, the best mic in your inventory for this is going to be the SM57. It will sound decent and be less prone to feedback than your condensers. It might not sound quite as good, but it'll be very similar and you won't have to fight it all night.

Place it about 6 inches from the joint where the neck meets the body, and angle it slightly towards the sound hole. Try to maintain consistent distance from the mic while you're playing. Small movements can make a big difference.

Are you running your Lexicon processor on an aux? If so, you could use that for reverb on your vocal and guitar mics. Only turn it up as loud as you need to.

If I were you, I would absolutely be setting this up and playing through it (several times) in advance of the gig. If you have a good friend or partner with a halfway decent ear have them out front during the show so they can let you know if anything needs to change (it will, and you'll have no idea otherwise).

Spend some time, in advance, learning how the EQ on your mixer responds to changes, as well as the other controls. That's a small mixer and there's not a whole lot you can do with it, but even small EQ changes can make a big difference. Over time you'll learn what to listen for. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions.