View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 05:40 PM

Default Looking for jazz guitarist semejant who can fix on Charles Mingus music or similar

The tittle says it all. I feel jazz brassīs music so respondent, i was listening Mingus "The complete town hall concert" (1994) - who seems it had a bad review when it came out but i listened and to me sounds great-, and I would really like to listen that kind of "punch" and energy in guitar, do you know something like this ?

I started not long time with jazz, when its about jazz guitar sometimes i find too mellow tunes, which i like, but i really like to play and listen that fast jazz, more swing style and bebop.

Also sometimes guitar jazz arrangements are too simple for me. In the Mingus music you hear lot of air instruments doing lot of sounds and melodies, and the arrangments have lot of dynamic, sometimes jazz guitar is too plain, just 1 guy soloing, and sometimes i like the idea to have more than 1 guitar, i really would like 3 guitars, or 4. Im a guitar lover, i want to listen much guitars as possible, like a good brass ensemble, rambling each other.

What do you think ? I also was listening Milt Hinton ("And friends: here swing the judge"), really like this thing.