View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 07:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
I've never watched "Enterprise" believe it or not.

I hated Deep Space 9 for some reason. I think the Ferengi ruined it for me, I couldn't stand them. Then again it took me a while before I warmed up to Next Gen. I found the first officer guilty of overacting somewhat, but he got better over time.
There of course are some caveats when I said DS9 was the best series. DS9’s first season is the absolute worst first season of any Trek show. This kills it for most everyone, and I completely understand. The show, characters, and writing developed more over the seasons than any other series. The galaxy got rich; terrible actors got good, and the Dominion Wars started one of the best story arcs in all the ST timeline. The abandonment of episodic storytelling for serial shows around the beginning of season 3 fit the station based show, and it changed everything. I’m really not trying to win converts, but in the end, it had the best characters. It will never unseat the first two series as the most popular, but it has a very deserving place in the pantheon.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas