Thread: Lap Cat 2
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 04:22 PM

So we had a couple days where the temperature was just below freezing so I took advantage of it and put a new blade and set up the used bandsaw I picked up. The bad news, something funny is going on with the top wheel and I won't be sawing anything else for a while. Well at least out in the garage, temperature dropped again and I can not see me tearing it apart in the cold. Besides, I have my little bandsaw in the basement.

The good news, I cut up enough walnut for a few guitars and sanded it down today. It is flatsawn, not great but hard to find quartered wood around here. So not much of a bookmatch but might not be too bad looking.

These a little more so.

Thinking of using the selangan batu necks with these. Not sure what I will be doing with the pine bodies now. I was going to give two of them to my nephew and my niece's husband. But these walnut look interesting. And it is not like I need three of them. Not sure what to use for binding yet. I hope the wood stays this silver/grey color, I kind of like it.

Well my truss rods came in the mail today. Maybe I will make up a neck for the pine boxes and see what they sound like. Then I can decide what I want to do.

Mooved around the wood and thought the top one might look better like this.

Last edited by printer2; 11-24-2014 at 04:32 PM.