View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringmaster View Post
I have and love my 50m...
Curious about where you place your 50m.

Apart from the warm, enveloping sound that Methos describes, another feature of the Bose that Bill (wweiss) refers to is the ability to place the Bose sticks behind you with less chance of feedback and less brutal ear assault than other systems. Despite some skeptics it can be done, but I've noticed that most users who really pound the volume move them out front or at least parallel like your typical point-source PA.

I've never placed my 30m substantially behind me, yet, but that's mainly because at the venues I've played there's no room so I haven't had a chance to experiment. Has been basically parallel with my mic. Sound monitoring is adequate but I may add a monitor going forward.

Taking care of my ears is definitely a high priority.

(I have a gig next month at a prized local brewpub, and I'm weighing whether to use my old L1 M2. The floor plan is a fairly large L, and the stage is where the two lines of that L connect. The serving bar runs along the entire length of the short part of the L, and a fair part of the long one. Without the wide dispersion of the Bose, I'm not sure where to aim my 30m.)